Acer Aspire M1614 not responding to keyboard after battery-replacement

hermite
hermite Member Posts: 6 New User
Hello, I have been asked to replace the cmos battery after error-msg from the bios. After replacing the battery and rebooting the pc does not respond to the keyboard anymore. "Press F1 or F2". I have attached a keyboard to the PS2-port first, (no response) and after that to a usb-port, also with no response. (Note1: usb-keyboard was attached to PS2 with usb-to-ps2-convertor. Note2: keyboard is fully functional on other systems). Any suggestions on how or what to make the pc respond to the keyboard are highly appreciated...

Best Answers

• hermite
    Answer ✓
    Note3: keyboard was connected to PS2 BEFORE booting
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,423 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I can't find any info on an Acer M1614, are you sure that's the right model number?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hermite
    Answer ✓
    Oops! Blush, blush! Typo! It should be Acer M1641.... sorry...
  • hermite
    Answer ✓
    I will close this topic and start a new topic with the correct model, to avoid more confusion...

Answers

• hermite
    Answer ✓
    Note3: keyboard was connected to PS2 BEFORE booting
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,423 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I can't find any info on an Acer M1614, are you sure that's the right model number?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hermite
    Answer ✓
    Oops! Blush, blush! Typo! It should be Acer M1641.... sorry...
  • hermite
    Answer ✓
    I will close this topic and start a new topic with the correct model, to avoid more confusion...