Laptop freezes after closing screen twice (NHQ1UAA001)

dwitol
dwitol Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
This is a weird issue but its starting to drive me nuts
If I close the laptop screen without putting my laptop to sleep, when I open it again, it will start to work really hard, the fan turns on to max and I can't find a way to stop it. 
After that, once I close the laptop screen again it will turn on but the screen stays black and I have to reboot. 
I have had this problem for about a year. It didn't do this when I got the laptop about 3 years ago. 
I'm not sure why closing my laptop is causing this but it's annoying having to sign in to my account every time I stand up from my desk because I want to keep my cats from walking around on the keys. 
Thanks for the help 

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,434 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    dwitol said:
    If I close the laptop screen without putting my laptop to sleep, when I open it again, it will start to work really hard, the fan turns on to max and I can't find a way to stop it. 
    After that, once I close the laptop screen again it will turn on but the screen stays black and I have to reboot. 
    I have had this problem for about a year. It didn't do this when I got the laptop about 3 years ago. 
    I'm not sure why closing my laptop is causing this but it's annoying having to sign in to my account every time I stand up from my desk because I want to keep my cats from walking around on the keys. 
    Thanks for the help 

Specifically check your ‘Processor power settings’ and ‘Sleep’ settings within the ‘Change advance power settings’ on the power settings. After, reset your power settings to default and see if that fixes this problem. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    dwitol said:
    Thanks for the help 

Specifically check your ‘Processor power settings’ and ‘Sleep’ settings within the ‘Change advance power settings’ on the power settings. After, reset your power settings to default and see if that fixes this problem. 

• dwitol
    dwitol Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

That did it man, thanks so much for the help. 
  • StevenGen
    dwitol said:
    That did it man, thanks so much for the help. 
    Glad to help, no problem. Cheers