Aspire E 15 does not recognise Dvd/cd player due to update to windows 10 home

Lm888
Lm888 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,
After rebooting my laptop a few months ago and inevitably upgrading to a newer version of windows, i am unable to open the dvd player anymore and it is no longer listed as being one of the devices in the computer. Any help is appreciated. If i must reinstall a new driver, any links would be appreaciated. Thank you so much.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Lm888 said:
    Hello,
    After rebooting my laptop a few months ago and inevitably upgrading to a newer version of windows, i am unable to open the dvd player anymore and it is no longer listed as being one of the devices in the computer. Any help is appreciated. If i must reinstall a new driver, any links would be appreaciated. Thank you so much.
    Try the steps mentioned in this link to fix the DVD issues..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lIf7xUpc8I

post testing please share the result here.. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Lm888
    Lm888 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2021
    Hello, thank you for your reply,

Prior to posting on this community I had read someone else's post(whom had the same problem as me) and I previously tried what is being done in the video. The problem is there is no upperfilters and lowerfilters to be seen. Here is a screenshot of what i see.

By the way, at the expense of looking like an *****, my acer aspire is an E5-523-979H . I've seen that some people say this model only had a dummy dvd opening, but I was almost certain I recalled it opening many times unintentionally, when I doing other things on the laptop. If this is the case, and the laptop doesn't have a real dvd player (and I'd be mistaking it with a previous model I had) I would really want to know (lol).
    (Also, I'm not tech savy enough to know, but why would the CD Rom section be seen in the registry editor if there wouldn't be a real cd player?).

Thanks a lot in advance for replies.

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Lm888 said:
    Hello, thank you for your reply,

Prior to posting on this community I had read someone else's post(whom had the same problem as me) and I previously tried what is being done in the video. The problem is there is no upperfilters and lowerfilters to be seen. Here is a screenshot of what i see.

By the way, at the expense of looking like an *****, my acer aspire is an E5-523-979H . I've seen that some people say this model only had a dummy dvd opening, but I was almost certain I recalled it opening many times unintentionally, when I doing other things on the laptop. If this is the case, and the laptop doesn't have a real dvd player (and I'd be mistaking it with a previous model I had) I would really want to know (lol).
    (Also, I'm not tech savy enough to know, but why would the CD Rom section be seen in the registry editor if there wouldn't be a real cd player?).

Thanks a lot in advance for replies.

Thats a good one LOL.. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer