Hi new to this Acer XC - 830

Options
alico
alico Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...I have recently got an Acer XC - 830 desktop, it's great but it's the 1st time I've had SSD & HDD drives & I'm not sure how to use them, can anyone tell me where to find instructions to operate efficently...thanks

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    alico said:
    Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...I have recently got an Acer XC - 830 desktop, it's great but it's the 1st time I've had SSD & HDD drives & I'm not sure how to use them, can anyone tell me where to find instructions to operate efficently...thanks
    Are you looking to install one of the SSD's or wanted to know how to use them..
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • alico
    alico Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Thanks for your reply, I'm looking for source(s) on how to & when to use SSD as opposed to HDD, sorry I've taken a while to respond.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    alico said:
    Hi Thanks for your reply, I'm looking for source(s) on how to & when to use SSD as opposed to HDD, sorry I've taken a while to respond.
    hi
    The difference between hard drives and solid state drives is in the technology used to store and retrieve data.>>>HDDs are cheaper and you can get more storage space. SSDs, however, they are faster, lighter, more durable, and use less energy. when you save it saves automatically to the drives. or you can have a drive partition and save separately eg. C'drive, E'drive. ect. below are the ssd and hdd on your unit.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Because the SSD is so much faster, in a mixed system with both SSD and HDD you want to put your system on the SSD and use the HDD only for data. Your system should have been setup that way from the factory if both drive types were installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.