Anybody have any thoughts on the Acer Aspire E 15?

bilesnaun85
bilesnaun85 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm looking for a laptop that'll be portable and cheap, but still be able to run some older/graphically-not-intense games like Borderlands 2 and Don't Starve Together. It'll be for schoolwork primarily, which means a lot of Netflix and internet browsing. I want a decent battery life, with a dedicated graphics card and a solid state drive.

Now am I crazy or is the Acer Aspire E15 too good to be true? It's literally everything I want for $550- an Nvidia 940M, an 6th gen i5 processor, and a 256 gb SSD. And it seems to have a bunch of USB ports and isn't obscenely heavy.

Can anyone attest to some of the more subtle aspects of the Aspire E15 like build quality, actual battery life, or everyday annoyances? I'm ready to pull the trigger but I don't want to be blindsided by something obvious that I'm missing.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi @bilesnaun85,

I'm using one of the Acer E15 series... i too use it for Netflix and online shows.. I do play some games and it works perfectly fine.. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • bilesnaun85
    bilesnaun85 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm looking for a laptop that'll be portable and cheap, but still be able to run some older/graphically-not-intense games like Borderlands 2 and Don't Starve Together. It'll be for schoolwork primarily, which means a lot of Netflix and internet browsing. I want a decent battery life, with a dedicated graphics card and a solid state drive.

Now am I crazy or is the Acer Aspire E15 too good to be true? It's lihttps://nox.tips/terally everything I want for $550- an Nvidia 940M, an 6th gen i5 processor, and a 256 gb SSD. And it seems to have a bunch of USB ports and isn't obscenely heavy.

Can anyone attest to some of the more subtle aspects of the Aspire E15 like build quality, actual battery life, or everyday annoyances? I'm ready to pull the trigger but I don't want to be blindsided by something obvious that I'm missing.

isssue got solved!!
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder

Now am I crazy or is the Acer Aspire E15 too good to be true? It's lihttps://nox.tips/terally everything I want for $550- an Nvidia 940M, an 6th gen i5 processor, and a 256 gb SSD. And it seems to have a bunch of USB ports and isn't obscenely heavy.

isssue got solved!!
    Sounds great.. please click Yes on the comment which helped you to solve the issue.

this will help others to find the answer quickly 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer