How to disable usb charging while laptop is powered off aspire F5-571G

komarson
komarson Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi
I have an aspire F5-571G laptop. It is set to charge usb devices while it is powered off (mainly smartphones). I don't need that any more and I'd like to disable that option. It is quite annoying that mouse and usb stick lights are always on when the laptop is powered off.
Solution can be sent also via mail to my address komarson@yahoo.com

TIA

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,067 Pathfinder
    You can turn this option off in Quick Access
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    komarson said:
    Hi
    I have an aspire F5-571G laptop. It is set to charge usb devices while it is powered off (mainly smartphones). I don't need that any more and I'd like to disable that option. It is quite annoying that mouse and usb stick lights are always on when the laptop is powered off.
    Solution can be sent also via mail to my address komarson@yahoo.com

TIA

Please open Acer quick access application and turn OFF USB charging. 

This should resolve your issue. Please share an update here..
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • komarson
    komarson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi!
    Thanks for the answer. First to mention, to perform a successful installation of Acer QA, I had to meddle with registry.
    Finally I tried the suggested advice and flipped off the switch, but, sadly, it didn't work.
    Perhaps I should have mentioned that the charge option was started from the BIOS, the first time I powered the laptop. But I was too eager to install it and play, so i failed to read the warning after that, about how to enter that option later. Since it was some hidden or advanced menu that is no longer available..