Predator Helios 300 windows 10 black screen (external monitor works) PH315-52-78VL

Options
pahzao
pahzao Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hey guys,

So when I powered my laptop today all the keyboard lights came on but the screen was black. I connected my second monitor and only that working fine, so I looked up the issue and tried some potential solutions like draining the power and updating my display drivers and that didn’t work either. I opened it up and cleaned the fans too (I wanted to disconnect, clean and connect the intel display port too but I couldn’t find it).
After that I was trying to troubleshoot the issue and I turned off my GPU’s display (shot myself in the leg).
Can anyone help me with this?
Or at least help me turn my GPU’s display back on with no screen?

Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-78VL
16gb RAM
9th gen i7
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi pahzao

Try to go to bios as soon as you turn on the computer. keep taping the f2 as soon as you turn on the laptop. if the display is seen on the bios page then its a software issue. if its still not seen then its hardware issue. press f9 for default in bois and f10 to save and exit. hope by this we can identify and clear your doubts. 
    Image result for bios

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • pahzao
    pahzao Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hey Christy,

so the problem is that I can’t get into the bios at all. The screen doesn’t even show the predator logo when I start it up. I tried draining the power so the bios resets, but that didn’t change anything.

It sucks that this happened just one month after my warranty ran out too.. unlucky..

I brought it to an acer certified technician but I’m gonna lose a few weeks of work since I don’t have a backup computer. 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    pahzao said:
    Hey Christy,

so the problem is that I can’t get into the bios at all. The screen doesn’t even show the predator logo when I start it up. I tried draining the power so the bios resets, but that didn’t change anything.

It sucks that this happened just one month after my warranty ran out too.. unlucky..

I brought it to an acer certified technician but I’m gonna lose a few weeks of work since I don’t have a backup computer. 

Seems it looks like its a hardware issue. since its just a month out of warranty, check with acer support if they can give any exceptions. nothing wrong in trying.  B) lets do our part and wait for a good results.  but either ways your left with no computer for a while until service.:( 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)