Hard drive configuration is not set to the factory default problem Acer aspire one d257

chrfony95
chrfony95 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hello guys. I have an Acer aspire one d257 and I want to back up operating system to factory default. But it says "Hard drive configuration is not set to the factory default. Backup aborted". How can I fix this problem?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    What OS are you running on the AOD257 right now? I believe they originally came with one of the Windows 7 versions originally... Likely one of the upgrades wiped out the recovery image. If so you are most likely looking at an OS Reset to get it back to basics. If not an OS reinstall should work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chrfony95
    chrfony95 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

The laptop is running the official Acer Windows 7 starter. And the recovery partition is okay, I checked it. But I want to set the hard drive to the factory default. But I don't know how to set it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    So if it's still running the stock W7 then the recovery partition shouldn't have gone south on you. That typically happens when upgrading to Windows 10, or doing one of the big semi-annual updates in W10. Do you still have the Acer eRecovery Management program installed?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.