How do I turn off typing noises on my keyboard?

jazbill99
jazbill99 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I work remotely and when I'm on Google Meet or GoTo Meeting calls, people on the line can hear my keyboard when I'm typing. They complain that it's quite loud. I've worked remotely with this very laptop for years and have never had this complaint. What can I do to turn off the keyboard noise? I've googled a solution and none of them work for this laptop. Help, please!!!!!

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    jazbill99 said:
    I work remotely and when I'm on Google Meet or GoTo Meeting calls, people on the line can hear my keyboard when I'm typing. They complain that it's quite loud. I've worked remotely with this very laptop for years and have never had this complaint. What can I do to turn off the keyboard noise? I've googled a solution and none of them work for this laptop. Help, please!!!!!
    Have you tried the steps provided in this link.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/how-do-i-turn-off-the-keyboard-clicking-sound-in/f18c806a-0bb8-4607-b8f3-d3fc02b35ec4

Please try these and share an update here..
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • jazbill99

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, I have tried that and it didn't work. I've also looked under Typing settings for anything similar and have found nothing.
  • Rudy21
    is it the physical KB sounds or On-Screen keyboard sounds that you are trying to turn off
  • Rudy21
  • jazbill99

Tinkerer

I've actually tried those changes too. I'm not hearing any noise when I type. The noise comes through when I'm on a conference call on GoTo Meeting or Google Meeting. The people on the conference call can hear a loud clicking noise even when there's hardly any keyboard noise when I'm typing. This just started happening about a week ago. Up until then, this wasn't an issue. I haven't changed my headset or any of the settings on my computer.
  • Rudy21
    jazbill99 said:
    I've actually tried those changes too. I'm not hearing any noise when I type. The noise comes through when I'm on a conference call on GoTo Meeting or Google Meeting. The people on the conference call can hear a loud clicking noise even when there's hardly any keyboard noise when I'm typing. This just started happening about a week ago. Up until then, this wasn't an issue. I haven't changed my headset or any of the settings on my computer.
    have you tested it on any other online meeting apps.. like Skype, Zoom, Webex etc.,

• jazbill99

Tinkerer

I only use GoTo Meeting and Google Meet so I haven't tested it anywhere else.
  • Rudy21
    jazbill99 said:
    I only use GoTo Meeting and Google Meet so I haven't tested it anywhere else.
    is it possible to test and share the result.. it's just that we wanted to see if the issue is app related or hardware..
  • jazbill99

Tinkerer

Unfortunately I can't record it. Nothing comes through on the recording.