My Screen is Quite Broken.... Sometimes PH315-52.

ggfx
ggfx Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
So I recently bought an Acer Predator Helios 300 2019 i5 last July. I think it was around the month of October  (when I started using and external monitor) that this line shows up. Sometimes the screen looks like it has a white filter on it, sometimes it looks like it has a screen burn in as outlines of the previous screen/window still shows, sometimes it's fine. Any help would be great! I can't go for the warranty as I broke the sticker when I upgraded my ram. TYIA

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi,
    It could be a loose display cable, try moving the panel to different positions when you see the line, if you notice the change when you slightly  move the panel you may have to reseat the display cable, while you are doing it visually inspect for any damage to the cable.
  • ggfx
    Hi,
    It could be a loose display cable, try moving the panel to different positions when you see the line, if you notice the change when you slightly  move the panel you may have to reseat the display cable, while you are doing it visually inspect for any damage to the cable.
    May I know where the display cable is? Is it in the board?
  • Display cable connection is behind the panel, when you open the panel it should be where I have circled, please post the full model name of your laptop, like PH3xx-xx.

• ggfx
    It's PH315-52. By panel you mean back panel? 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Removing the panel(screen) is slightly different to normal models because the display panel is attached with sticky tapes, so I would suggest you take it to a laptop repair shop and get it fixed, if you want to do it yourself, please watch the video of different model for the procedure involved, you have to buy the sticky tape to replace the display panel.
    Part numbers for the tapes are in my snip.
    (1) Acer Nitro 5 Screen replacement - YouTube

• ggfx
    Hi,
    Removing the panel(screen) is slightly different to normal models because the display panel is attached with sticky tapes, so I would suggest you take it to a laptop repair shop and get it fixed, if you want to do it yourself, please watch the video of different model for the procedure involved, you have to buy the sticky tape to replace the display panel.
    Part numbers for the tapes are in my snip.
    (1) Acer Nitro 5 Screen replacement - YouTube

Thank you mate! I'll just bring it to a technician as I might mess it up hahahah