Aspire X3-710 desktop. can I fit a usb c 3.1 10Gbps interface card to its x16 PCIE slot

Podmonger
Podmonger Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
Aspire X3-710 desktop. can I fit a usb c 3.1 10Gbps interface card to its x16 PCIE slot
Podmonger

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The block diagram for your model says PCIe gen 3:
    And here's the CPI specs:
    Total Bandwidth: (x16 link): PCIe 3.0 = 32GB/s, PCIe 2.0 = 16GB/s, PCIe 1.1 = 8GB/s

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,067 Pathfinder
    Yes, it should work.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    I see no reason why not, as long as it's a shorty card... The case is a bit slim for a full height card.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Podmonger
    Many thanks for the reply. However, when I run CPUZ it reports PCIE 2.0 5Gbps for the motherboard. I am wondering now if a USB C £.1 card will simply work at that speed and not at 10? What do you think?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    The block diagram for your model says PCIe gen 3:
    And here's the CPI specs:
    Total Bandwidth: (x16 link): PCIe 3.0 = 32GB/s, PCIe 2.0 = 16GB/s, PCIe 1.1 = 8GB/s

• Podmonger
    Billsey, you are a star. Many thanks for that very detailed response.  I'll get a low profile card and put it in the x16 slot