Acer Aspire XC 895 I want to add a graphics card and have only got a max 180w PSU Upgrade Options

Options
Chris2021
Chris2021 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hi guys, 

Struggling to find a replacement PSU upgrade on this newly bought desktop, I want to add a graphics card and have only got a max 180w PSU, I'm looking for a decent graphics card to install but most if them need a minimum 300w PSU

Looked into some low power ones but they just don't seem to cut it for what I'm looking to do, this includes playing some moderate games, video editing

Anyone found a solution to this yet? 

Hopefully someone can help and I seen a few posts that kind of lead to nowhere

This is the installed PSU:

FSP180 10TGBAA 180W
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    I have listed several Acer part numbers in the last few days for both 300W and 500W ATX12VO PSUs... A quick search on those should give you some part numbers to search on. We haven't yet seen third party drives for the ATX12VO design.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chris2021
    Chris2021 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    Thank you, the psu unit looks really small, 85mm width, 65mm depth and 150mm length I believe, any ideas what form factor this model is based on? 

I want to try and upgrade the psu in order to later add a graphics card but it seems to be impossible just now lol

Not sure of the power connectors either but believe them to be a 6 / 4 pin config
  • billsey
    Options
    The 300W PSU they ship in some versions of the XC-895 use Acer part numbers: DC.3001B.00A and DC.30018.00C. Either of those will fit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Trickyy
    Trickyy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    The 300W PSU they ship in some versions of the XC-895 use Acer part numbers: DC.3001B.00A and DC.30018.00C. Either of those will fit.
    I have seen these part numbers listed on other forums, where exactly can i purchase them? nothing comes up apart from these threads when i google the part numberes and have had no look on any sites elsewhere. please can you link me to a 300w psu that will fit acer aspire xc 895... :anguished:
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, right now I'm seeing them in Europe with a Google search but not in the US. Try contacting Acer support and buying from them.
  • Sourgrapes
    Sourgrapes Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    Options
    I'm very disappointed in Acer, as they refuse to send directions for ordering optic drives, video cards and power supplies.  They deliver mounting items for optic drives but don't show instructions for assembling it, power supplies aren't found in their online shop as don't advices for aquiering internal devices.
    It appears as if Acer doesn't want their customers to change anything in thyeir payd for PC's because they consider anybody eelse a complete nerd.
    Plus they don't sell anyting their desktops are designed for to be fit for use .
    They don't even give a manual on how to start up their restore USB-stick that customers pay for!
  • Sourgrapes

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Pity though, as Acer doesn't have them in their online store, and we can't find them anywhere else. Does anybody know adresses where those PSU's can be obtained?
  • DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    billsey said:
    Pity though, as Acer doesn't have them in their online store, and we can't find them anywhere else. Does anybody know adresses where those PSU's can be obtained?
       Have you tried Acer spare parts. Acer UK were able to sell me a replacement PSU for my TC-895.
  • Sourgrapes

Tinkerer

Options
    DS549 said:
    billsey said:
       Have you tried Acer spare parts. Acer UK were able to sell me a replacement PSU for my TC-895.
    Acer UK even doesn't want to send an answer, probably because i'm in the Netherlands.
  • Sourgrapes

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    Options
    These are the items and Acer part numbers for upgrading the Acer Aspire XC-895 desktops, pity they're still nowhere to find, and Accer refuses to sell them :        
    DVD SUPER MULTI SLIM8x9mm.GUE 1N .                      KO.0080D.019

DVD DUAL SLIM8x9mm.DA-8AESH.                                 KO.0080F.013

VGA CARD GEFORCE GT 730.2GB DDR3.64B                  DA.73011.004

POWER.300W.100-127/220-240V-6/3A 50-60Hz         DC.3001B.00A

POWER.300W.100-127/220-240V-6/3A 50-60Hz         DC.30018.00C

• billsey
    Options
    So did you try Acer Netherlands support for the power supply? The DVD and GPU are normal commodity items you can get just about anywhere. The PSU is the only thing on your list you still have to get through Acer support.
  • HOBOTEWA
    HOBOTEWA Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Chris2021 said:
    Hi guys, 

Struggling to find a replacement PSU upgrade on this newly bought desktop, I want to add a graphics card and have only got a max 180w PSU, I'm looking for a decent graphics card to install but most if them need a minimum 300w PSU

Looked into some low power ones but they just don't seem to cut it for what I'm looking to do, this includes playing some moderate games, video editing

Anyone found a solution to this yet? 

Hopefully someone can help and I seen a few posts that kind of lead to nowhere

This is the installed PSU:

FSP180 10TGBAA 180W
    Hi, I ordered one from this site. Got it very quick and it works perfect.

Genuine Acer DC3001800C PSUFSP300-10TAA300WPFCSINGLE-RAIL

Money Back Guarantee

Order number: xxxxxxx

Item number: xxxxxxxx

Item price: £54.00

Seller: xxxxxxxx

[Edited comment to delete personal information]
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @HOBOTEWA

You may want to contact one of the Acer moderators to delete at least some of the contents of the link.

Your address is also exposed.
  • AshKal
    AshKal Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Form factor is TFX there are many equivalent 300watt but length is 175mm not 140mm. Device may accommodate 160mm or else have to move speaker enclosure(Not sure) it can take GPU 2slot length may be unto ~10"?.
  • AshKal
    AshKal Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Replaced PSU form Lenovo FSP500-20TGBAA B 500 watts suits fine (-20TGBAB )

working well.

• Pcnerd20
    Pcnerd20 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

U can buy one here as i found it