PH315-53-72XD I/O USB board

Options
Icestorm218
Icestorm218 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello everyone,

so i was wondering if anyone knows if and where i could get a I/O USB board for my helios 300 (PH315-53-72XD).

long story short i noticed after connecting various devices the connection is very poor (such things like lights extremely dim on the connected device or not connecting at all and the effect is changed by simply wiggling the connection to get a proper connection.) only 1 of the ports has this issue and the other one next to it works just fine however, this laptop is less than 2 months old and im about to add more storage and i wanted to replace that board while i was in there.

any advice is greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Im not sure you can, I think all the IO is integrated into the mainboard looking at a teardown of it  ( https://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/9/d/csm_Helios_300_19_66d9b252dc.jpg  )  the only way would be replacing the mainboard. If its not working properly i would make sure to raise a ticket with acer support to see if they suggest a RMA
  • Icestorm218
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Im not sure you can, I think all the IO is integrated into the mainboard looking at a teardown of it  ( https://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/9/d/csm_Helios_300_19_66d9b252dc.jpg  )  the only way would be replacing the mainboard. If its not working properly i would make sure to raise a ticket with acer support to see if they suggest a RMA
    when i came up empty handed with finding the board i thought the same thing however the ports on the right side of your picture are their own separate board once the M.2 drive thermal shield is removed. you can actually see the edge of the ribbon cable under it on the right. i am trying to avoid sending this laptop off for something well within my understanding of replacing if i had the parts.

Thanks again.

• Leostat
    Options
    Oh yeh I missed that, well spotted! One of the ACE's here should be able to grab the part number for ya then
  • Icestorm218
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Oh yeh I missed that, well spotted! One of the ACE's here should be able to grab the part number for ya then

before i go into the process of contacting acer, do you know if they send replacement parts or do they want to do the work themselves?

also if anyone reading this happens to be able to get a part number i would be greatly appreciative!!
  • Leostat
    Options
    I think if you send it they would insist on installing it.

After a bit of digging the part number *May* be  55.Q5MN4.001   

55.X.001 and 55.x.002 seem to be the IO boards, and that one looks the closest i can see  (  
    https://www.zandparts.com/en/acer-55-q5mn4-001 ) but lots of places have this tagged as for the 52 not 53

Any chance any of the ACE's could confirm :D?
  • Icestorm218
    Options
    The issue has now spread to the other port on that same board. i am at a loss as to whats causing this unless one of my devices is damaging the ports.