Acer Iconia One 10 A3-B40 B3-A40 tablet

Options
Guitarman5268
Guitarman5268 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Tablets
I have an Acer Iconia One 10 A3-B40. It powers on but will not load Android. It is stuck on the Acer boot screen. Anyone have any ideas on what to try to get it to boot?
What I have tried.
1. Hard power off, plug in charger and then power on.
2. Hard power off, hold down the volume up and power on.
3. Hard power off, hold down the volume down and power on.
None of the above worked. Can a bad/marginal battery cause this?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Are you sure it's an A3-B40? I don't find that model anywhere...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Guitarman5268
    Options
    Typo, it is a B3-A40 tablet
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, there were a couple of versions of that, the B3-A40 and the B3-A40FHD. Needless to say the latter had a higher resolution screen. For the first I see three versions of the OS available for download on Acer's support site, the second only has one. If your problem is a corrupted OS image a reinstall from those images should get you back up and running, if your problem is a failed drive (which isn't unlikely at this age) then it won't work and it'll be cheaper to replace than to repair, since the drive is soldered in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Guitarman5268
    Options
    I guess you missed the part where I can't boot to restore the OS section eh? Everything I have tried gives me the same issue ACER splash screen with the Acer logo pulsing. I am thinking this is actually a battery issue since the tablet was working fine before I replaced it with a Galaxy Tab A.