MOBO swap acer aspire tc895

Rhino257
Rhino257 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

i have an acer aspire tc895

Zotac RTX 2060 and Evga supernova 750w G3

...and it doesn't work,

I was wondering if i could get the Mobo from a TC885 and swap it using the cpu,fan, and ram from the 895?

would that then work, Im open to suggestions. Thanks.

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Rhino257
    Can you elaborate "...and it doesn't work" ?

I believe TC-895 comes with 300W 12 volt only power supply, which is not a current standard ATX PSU (maybe the 12 volt only PSU  will become the standard in the future). Is your EVGA supernova 750W G3 working fine ( I mean if the connectors fit  the TC-895 motherboard well and the PC works without the graphics card added) ? TC-895 users currently having headache finding  a PSU upgrade. If the 750 W Supernova connectors can fit the TC-895 motherboard then it is a potential upgrade.

TC-885 uses 9th generation Intel CPU and I believe the TC-895 uses 10th generation CPU, so the CPU socket is different.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Rhino257
    Can you elaborate "...and it doesn't work" ?

I believe TC-895 comes with 300W 12 volt only power supply, which is not a current standard ATX PSU (maybe the 12 volt only PSU  will become the standard in the future). Is your EVGA supernova 750W G3 working fine ( I mean if the connectors fit  the TC-895 motherboard well and the PC works without the graphics card added) ? TC-895 users currently having headache finding  a PSU upgrade. If the 750 W Supernova connectors can fit the TC-895 motherboard then it is a potential upgrade.

TC-885 uses 9th generation Intel CPU and I believe the TC-895 uses 10th generation CPU, so the CPU socket is different.
  • Rhino257
    the gpu works, however it needs power. the equipped psu isn't strong enough.
    The PC works fine, just wanted to upgrade.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Acer has 500W supplies available for other models, and since the form factor is the same they can be used on yours. Two Acer part numbers for 500W supplies are: DC.5001H.001 and DC.5001B.009.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rhino257
    those are both difficult to find. couldnt even find an image. would either of them have the connector for the gpu?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Likely they do, the 500W PSUs are typically only used on systems that have a discrete GPU that needs the extra power.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.