My Acer E5-473G internal microphone is not working since starting.I thinks its disabled from bios.

Ishan2314
Ishan2314 Member Posts: 2 New User
Anyone has idea on how to unblock advanced bios ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Speakers are not considered a driven part of basic i/o system but driven part by the Windows operating system. Right click speaker icon in right tray. Click sound settings. Click input device properties. Click additional properties in right pane. Click levels tab. Drag both sliders to right. Test mic again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ishan2314
    Ishan2314 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I tried all of this and i also tried uninstalling and installing drivers but issue is still same..can someone help me by taking team viewer access of my laptop ?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Uninstall the drivers again but don't try to re-install anything. Exit DeviceManager. Shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on again. Re-test.

If still no joy, then try these freeware driver tools. Try DriverBooster first as it's the one that most users seem to find most successful.

If still not working, then open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. If System Protection was enabled in the box that pops up, then click the System Restore button. Click next. Check for an automatic restore point with a date/time stamp approximately when the mic stopped working.

Finally, if all these fail, then the best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue is a full erase everything factory reset or perhaps a partial refresh while try to save your personal file via the ALT+F10 cold boot method. If the mic still doesn't work, then it's likely a hardware failure.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ