Acer AN515-55 shuts WI-FI signal in the ROUTER

Options
sal82
sal82 Member Posts: 7 New User
Hi,
I recently bought the computer in object, however something very weird happens while I'm connected. At some point, the pc drops out of internet because there is no wi-fi signal available from the router itself! It looks as if the wi-fi adapter interferes with the router and shuts it down, somehow (have no clue how). I have another notebook at home and this NEVER happens while I use that one.
From device manager I can see the driver version of the adapter (Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX-201 160MHz) is 21.70.0.6, Windows says it is the most recent one, when I try updating it.

Can someone help, please?

Thanks a lot!
Sal

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,263 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download the driver for AX201, then uninstall current driver for the WiFi in Device Manager, don't reboot, install the downloaded driver, sometimes reinstalling the driver resolves minor issues.
    Product Support | Acer United Kingdom

• sal82
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download the driver for AX201, then uninstall current driver for the WiFi in Device Manager, don't reboot, install the downloaded driver, sometimes reinstalling the driver resolves minor issues.
    Product Support | Acer United Kingdom

Hi, many thanks for your quick answer, doing it now. I'll let you know how it goes. :) 

Sal
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    there are some reports that the latest driver versions provided by intel are causing connection problems. if the tip from brummyfan2 doesn't work, uninstall and delete the driver through the device manager.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sal82
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Obrigado egydiocoelho! Yes, I tried brummyfan2 solution first but it didn't fix it, now I'm testing yours, connection's been stable since yesterday! Will let you know in a couple of days if all good, fingers crossed! :) 

Sal
  • sal82
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I got disconnected again 2 times this afternoon after my last comment. If we wanna see the glass half full, the improvement is that the wi-fi signal in the router hasn't dropped (no need to reset the router). Still a PITA while I'm playing online, though.

Is there anything I can do with settings in Device Manager (or somewhere else), to fix it?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked the wireless network card configuration in the power options?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sal82
    Options
    I've just set "Maximum Performance" in the dialog box you showed, as it was set as "Maximum Power Saving" while on Battery, instead. Would it explain it? 

I already had this setting under Properties in Device Manager:
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    No, they are different functions. In the device manager, you can deselect the option so that the device is not shut down by windows.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sal82
    Options
    I've just seen a brand new driver is available on Intel website, I'm now testing that one...I really hope there won't be other problems. Also sent a message to Acer assistance.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ok! Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sal82
    Options
    egydiocoelho said:
    Ok! Post the result here.
    No issues so far, after updating. Seems like they fixed the driver!!  :):)