ACER ASPIRE 5755G START-UP PROBLEM

ninochila
ninochila Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi everyone,
My Acer 5755G has the following problem:
at startup, I can see the BIOS loading, all seems to be ok, until there is the boot of Windows 10: when the Windows10 logo appears indicating windows is loading, a continuos Beep begins. So, if at this point I quickly push the power button (less than 1 second for example), Windows continue it's loading and the beep stops in this interval; but when I release the button the beep continue and Window10 loading stops again.
In sum, if I quickly push and release the power button, I can even get Windows completely loaded and the Beep stops, and the PC works as always without any problem. If I don't push the power button, the Beep continue, the screen is blocked and Windows can't be loaded.
I tried to format and reinstall Windows10 but the problem persists. I've also done several RAM memory and HDD Diagnosis Tests and no problem has been encountered.
Any idea about the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Antonino

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You probably need a new power board that connects to your mainboard. Google part no. 55.RPV02.001 for sellers who ship to your region. Price with its ribbon connector is about $20USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>So, since I should change the power board but we are not sure at 100%>>>

Sorry, schematics aren't available.  Even with them, you can't get a 100% guarantee of identifying the exact problem. Accordingly, I can only give you my "best guess" based on the machine's startup behavior with and without battery pack. You might first  try to simply re-seat its ribbon connector to the mainboard a few times to help clean its contacts. The spring-loaded contacts inside the switch itself may also be mechanically cleaned by repeatedly pressing & releasing the button while unpowered. I hesitate recommending a contact cleaner due to possible damage the solvents might cause to plastic parts. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Does the machine turn on plugged in without the battery pack? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ninochila
    Hi Jack,
    Yes, it turn on even plugged and without the battery pack connected.

• JackE
    Does it run OK without the battery pack? Or do you still have to push the power button? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ninochila
    Sorry, the machine presents the same problem as above, when is plugged and without the battery pack. If I presse and release many times the power button, I can get windows fully loaded.

Thanks
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    You probably need a new power board that connects to your mainboard. Google part no. 55.RPV02.001 for sellers who ship to your region. Price with its ribbon connector is about $20USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ninochila
    Thank you so much, Jack!
    So, since I should change the power board but we are not sure at 100%, is there some kind of test that I could perform to be sure that the problem is this? I can disassemble the PC with no problem and I have tester and oscilloscope if needed. Can I control some signal in some ICs on the board, to check if it is out of service?

Thanks you so much

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>So, since I should change the power board but we are not sure at 100%>>>

Sorry, schematics aren't available.  Even with them, you can't get a 100% guarantee of identifying the exact problem. Accordingly, I can only give you my "best guess" based on the machine's startup behavior with and without battery pack. You might first  try to simply re-seat its ribbon connector to the mainboard a few times to help clean its contacts. The spring-loaded contacts inside the switch itself may also be mechanically cleaned by repeatedly pressing & releasing the button while unpowered. I hesitate recommending a contact cleaner due to possible damage the solvents might cause to plastic parts. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ