Aspire ES1 331 cannot find my wifi network

Chloe08
Chloe08 Member Posts: 6 New User
Hi everyone,
My laptop Aspire ES1 331 has some wifi issues. Every now and then it cannot detect my wifi network. It sees all the other networks, but mine. I have updated the drivers, tried to move closer to the router, followed many other procedures but nothing worked. If I restart the router, it works for few days and then it goes down again. I hope somebody can assist.

Many thanks,
C.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click network adapters folder. Right click wifi driver properties. Click advanced tab. Click 'preferred band'. Change setting to 2.4GHz band. Then test. If still an issue then change setting to 5GHz band and test again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chloe08
    Thanks Jacke, I've tried that but I don't have any of that. I have many other properties under advanced, but not that. I hope someone can assist me because it's driving me insane. Thank you
  • JackE
    >>> I I've tried that but I don't have any of that..>>>

What  do you mean you don't have this? You should have a  dual band wifi card that should have the ability to change from 2.4 to 5GHz band. You should have an advanced tab under wifi card properties. The preferred band setting should be inside the advanced tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chloe08
    I understand but I have checked every single option and I don't have that. Sorry for the quality, the laptop is not connecting again and I'm from my phone. Btw the laptop detects the bus wifi from the road but not mine.
  • JackE
    >>>If I restart the router, it works for few days and then it goes down again. I hope somebody can assist.>>>

Try shutting off your router again, then turn it back on. I suspect the router is the problem. How old is this router. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chloe08
    Not even a year old. Sometimes it happens that the wifi disappears from my options for a few hours and then it appears again. I've tried to move closer to the router, but nothing changed. The wifi works fine with other devices, laptops and mobile phones.
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Click on the network adapter folder. Right click and uninstall the wifi driver. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn the machine back on again and test the wifi again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chloe08
    Thanks Jacke, done that several times, nothing changed. Updated the drivers manually, no success. It's really a mistery
  • JackE
    >>>Every now and then it cannot detect my wifi network. It sees all the other networks, but mine.>>>

Approximately when did you first notice this behavior? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chloe08
    Around Sept 2020, if I remember well. I started to use this wifi in July 2020 with no problem for the first 2 months. 
  • JackE
    Maybe due to a Win10 update. But way too late to try to reverse it now. Try this. Download and run one of these freeware driver tools shown belows to see if it'll pick up anything new on line that may correct the issue. Try iobit's DriverBooster first. Many folks including myself seem to have had some luck with it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ