Acer Aspire A515-56g with Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 slow wi-fi

segato
segato Member Posts: 4 New User
Brand new laptop , wi-fi is very slow. On my old laptop and phone everything is fine speed is more than 200 mb/s, on this one it doesn't exceed 25 mb/s. Driver is updated. I spent few hours with advanced settings trying different configurations, 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, reading forums but it didn't help. Any idea how to fix it ?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Immediately return it to the vendor/seller as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's returns policy period expires. Usually only a few weeks. So don't delay because ACER warranty repair will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Open Device Manager. Click network adapters folder. Right click wifi adapter properties. Click advanced tab. Click preferred band. First try changing it to 2.4GHz band. Test speed. If still slow, change it to 5GHz band and test again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• segato
    Thanks for answer , I tried already. I was checking all configurations in advanced settings but nothing helped. I really don't know what to do now
  • try uninstalling and deleting the driver through the device manager.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • segato
    Done before, drivers from  Intel. All that ***** sounds like a joke, Im so tired trying to fix it. It's a brand new laptop , 900GBP, It shouldn't happen. Any other ideas?  Thanks for help guys
  • JackE
    >>>Brand new laptop , wi-fi is very slow>>>

Was this slow immediately after the out of the box setup? "Immediately" means no more than an hour or so after you got it up and running? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• segato
    Yes , immediately. First web pages and youtube were loading slower. I just didn't expect any problems and I run speed test after few days
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Immediately return it to the vendor/seller as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's returns policy period expires. Usually only a few weeks. So don't delay because ACER warranty repair will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ