Nitro ANS515-51 shutdown at 100% battery and when running games

Martinlindquist
Martinlindquist Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi 

I got an Acer Nitro An515-51 which crashes, when I pull out the power plug even if battery is at 100%. it shuts down instantly! It also shots down when opening/playing games as Fortnite, GTA and Counter Strike. Acer Care says that battery health is good.... I just did a complete reset of the computer and reinstalled windows. Whats wrong? Battery? Graphics card? 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

This is a pretty unusual problem that could have a few problems that are causing it. 

Check the power settings, right click battery icon > properties then click:

1. Change when the computer sleeps >
    2. Change advanced power settings >
    3. Go sections "Sleep" and "Battery" and check setting then set to "Reset plan default"
    Try these steps first. Also, open your laptop up and check that the battery is connected properly and/or its not damaged, check if the battery voltage is ok, as the battery state monitor (at the right side of taskbar) is not always correct and there could be something wrong with your battery and/or your charger, as the battery might not be charging.

Also, check the charger and the DC plugs and jack cable on both laptop (plug and internal cable connection) and the charger plug, that its making proper contact and charging the battery and/or the DC jack cable and plug are not faulty and/or its connected to the mainboard properly? See captions below of what I mean, as this happened to me on a laptop and I replaced the battery, charger and DC cable and it worked. Its definitely very unusual hopefully its not the motherboard

Battery plug to mainboard, check that.

Charging laptop external plug

DC plugs and jack cable to mainboard plug and socket, check that if its not faulty and/or is making a connection?