Acer aspire one

chrfony95
chrfony95 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hello guys. I found a laptop Acer aspire one which I used when I was going to school. But I realised that the HDD is broken. Is there any possible way to find the original Acer windows 7 starter? I tried through the e recovery to receive a recovery disk but it didn't help

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    I doubt you would be able to, using a ISO downloader to grab it directly for MS may be eaier (https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool)
  • chrfony95

Tinkerer

I tried this method but it didn't help, it says that the file is currently unavailable
  • Leostat
    Archive.org has mirrors but not sure i would 100% trust them
  • chrfony95

Tinkerer

Could you please give me some links?
  • Leostat
    Such as ( https://archive.org/details/win7-starter-eng ) The porblem is you never know if they have been messed with
  • chrfony95

Tinkerer

Yeah you are right. Is there any way to find the official Acer windows 7?
  • Leostat
    Unless another member on here has it I'm afraid not :( Maybe by sending it to acer but i bet they would charge a hefty fee,

You could try tweeting them see if they can dig up a generic ISO and host it but thats a long shot and a half!
  • chrfony95

Tinkerer

I thought I could send them a message about my problem, but this laptop it's really old, so I don't think they can help me. Anyway, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,434 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    chrfony95 said:
    Hello guys. I found a laptop Acer aspire one which I used when I was going to school. But I realised that the HDD is broken. Is there any possible way to find the original Acer windows 7 starter? I tried through the e recovery to receive a recovery disk but it didn't help

Go to MS Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files) see if you can download the Win-7 Starter there? I CAN'T and I have an Acer One Happy 2. The OEM Win-7 Starter/Android that came with mine requires a key to start the download from MS but, it does not work as I have the OEM key (I don't know how MS expects anybody to have a “stand alone key”? and to download the Win-7 Starter from their site? As it was never for retail sale and came pre-installed on things like the Acer One only?) as whenever you try and put the OEM Acer One key to start the download, it doesn’t work as you get this ERROR and the usual thing from MS "The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options" which means that you have to contact Acer in your local area =)

I've got an Acer One Happy 2 (that is laying around and never ever used, its a paper weight) and is a pretty low spec low memory thing, I’ve experimented/upgraded the Acer One Happy 2 lots and increased its memory to 2GB put an SSD and put a WiFi/BT card and it still was as slow as a slug, ok I tried it with the Win-10 Home 64bit but it was pretty slow with Win-7 64bit too. You have to run it on its OEM Win-7 Starter and Android (which I don’t think that you get the Android OEM version?) as Acer dosent have it? Try Acer in your local area and see if they can get you one? 

• chrfony95

Tinkerer

Well yesterday I managed to find recovery files for my computer on the archive.org. But it's an .RTR File and a .SQLITE file and I don't know how to use it. Anyone who can help me?