Repeat BSOD Nitro5 AN515-54-71J6 Error I've tried reinstalling the OS from a US- System drive small

Hammalot
Hammalot Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Purchased a Nitro 5 AN515-54-71J6 in April of last year. Was already a little disappointed because I had spent so much money on a laptop that became blistering hot when running a few games on low graphics, and for the last few months I've run into the strangest and most persistent problem I've ever seen. I have no idea if it's the hardware or Microsoft or what. If I have more than a couple windows open, or run a diagnostic, or sometimes do barely anything at all, it will bluescreen. I have no restore points, and I wasn't worried about my files, so I tried hard reset, which gives me either an error or another bluescreen. I've tried reinstalling windows from their website- Error. I've tried reinstalling the OS from a USB- 'System drive too small'. I have tried everything I could think of that and has been suggested to me to fix this and no matter what the laptop will say there's an error or BSOD. I have a one year "carry in" warranty that says it ended in July of 2020 which makes no sense to me because I have proof that I bought it in April of 2020. I have no idea what I can possibly do and I'm completely heartbroken because I came into some money and was so unbelievably excited to finally have a gaming laptop and I can barely run YouTube and a chat app at the same time.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    The warranty is based on the machine's serial number  id (SNID). Go to this link pronto, enter your SNID and arrange for a warranty repair. Don't delay. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hammalot
    JackE said:
    The warranty is based on the machine's serial number  id (SNID). Go to this link pronto, enter your SNID and arrange for a warranty repair. Don't delay. Jack E/NJ
    Hey, I did this and it says the warranty is over (as mentioned in the post) despite that making no sense because it says one year warranty but I'd only had the laptop a few months before it ended. NOW when I search my serial number it gives me an error.  :'(
  • JackE
    >>>Purchased a Nitro 5 AN515-54-71J6 in April of last year>>>I have proof that I bought it in April of 2020.>>>

If you have documented proof, then we can try to escalate this and get you a warranty repair. What proof do you have? Vendor purchase receipt? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hammalot
    JackE said:
    >>>Purchased a Nitro 5 AN515-54-71J6 in April of last year>>>I have proof that I bought it in April of 2020.>>>

If you have documented proof, then we can try to escalate this and get you a warranty repair. What proof do you have? Vendor purchase receipt? Jack E/NJ

Yes! I have a Wal-Mart receipt with all the info.
  • JackE
    OK. Thanks. Stay tuned.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hammalot
    JackE said:
    OK. Thanks. Stay tuned.   :) Jack E/NJ
    Cheers! (:
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,552 Community Administrator
    edited February 2021
    Hello Hammalot

I am sorry to hear the experience you’re having. Would you please send me a private message and provide me the serial number and contact information (phone number/email), so I can check if we can escalate it.  

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

Note: The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer forum discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users.
This discussion has been closed.