PO3-620

Options
f7ost
f7ost Member Posts: 11 New User
Hi all!

I would like to know if it is possible to change the cpu cooler from the stock one provided to any other cooler that is better, I have found a few good coolers but ive read that it will require having to remove the motherboard in order to fit the cooler into the bracket. Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a cooler without having to remove the motherboard? also what coolers would you guys recommend :) 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The coolers designed to directly replace the stock Intel versions will work fine, it's really only the 'one size fits all' that require pulling the MB in order to remove the nuts.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • f7ost
    f7ost Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    The coolers designed to directly replace the stock Intel versions will work fine, it's really only the 'one size fits all' that require pulling the MB in order to remove the nuts.
    thanks for your quick reply. Im still a bit confused sorry... Does this mean there are coolers which i can directly screw in without having to replace the backplate? if so would you please point me to any coolers which are capable of this, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Any coolers that are design as direct replacements for the stock Intel design are going to use that mounting pattern and expect those fixed nuts to be there. The issue is many cooler manufacturers want their products to be able to work in many different situations, so they replace the stock mounts with something different.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.