Unable to install Intel HD Graphics 630 display adaptor update on TC-780.

123MeMeMe
123MeMeMe Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I am using Win 10 Home Build 19041 on Aspire TC-780, x64. I began getting random black screens and decided to update display driver to try and resolve. No dice. I get an error message that says the file is not validated for my system and to obtain the driver from Acer. I went to the Acer site and the current driver (which was released January 2021) is not listed as an option. Please advise. Thanks.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Intel drivers for older machines won't be the latest version , they used to have to be closely modified by the pc manufacturers before install. It can bawk the gfx if you try to force it

Is the one on the Acer site the same version you have installed already?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    You can go ahead and tell the Intel driver package to ignore the warning to update to the latest.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 123MeMeMe
    I have the same problem. And it does not allow you to tell the driver package to ignore the warning. It only says that it the driver is locked to the manufacturers specifications and the installation ends with an error log. Help! This driver was updated two weeks ago (September 2021) - we should not need to work this hard to get it installed.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    The installer has a checkbox or link that lets you go ahead after seeing the warning. They don't give it much highlight since they'd prefer you wait for Acer to release a newer driver.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 123MeMeMe
    I kept getting an error log - it completely stopped installation with no options. Guess I missed it in the moving clouds. (LoL) I ended up uninstalling in device manager which rolled back to microsoft driver and enabled the installation to continue from there. Thanks8)