Aspire A315-23 - BIos update: Support onbaord Ram Hynix 16G:: What is the use of this update??

RahulJayaraj
RahulJayaraj Member Posts: 1 New User
  1. Please let me know why acer care center is not showing the  BIOS same?  Whether I need to update as per acer website?
  2. I wanted to know the feature of latest bios update: Version: 1.13 - Support onbaord Ram Hynix 16G
  3. Whether the laptop RAM can be upgraded to 16GB after this BIOS update?
  4. What is the RAM slot configuration in this laptop? How much RAM can be supported by vacant RAM slot?
  5. Patch update version: 007 :Camera Firmware (USB\VID_0408&PID_A031&REV_006) Fix Tech-Front camera is not getting installed in the system, What is the use of this patch.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    1. If you don't have any issues, you don't need to update BIOS because BIOS update may brick your laptop and make it unusable, Acer care centre may be reporting a wrong BIOS version, you have to check the BIOS screen for the correct version.
    2. This update allows motherboard to be able to accommodate "Hynix 16GB" onboard RAM, so it's irrelevant to you, I would ignore it.
    3. You can upgrade up to 12GB only( 4GB onboard+8GB).
    4. You have 4GB onboard memory and a slot for upgrade, you can install a maximum of 8GB DDR4 2400MHz module in the slot, higher frequency modules may work but the speed of the RAM will be restricted to 2400MHz due to CPU.
    5. You may have to ask this question on a separate thread because I don't know the answer and others might be able to help you.