Why does my new XF270H Bpmiiprx take 11 seconds to turn on?

GeekBoyMN
GeekBoyMN Member Posts: 2 New User
Since all the other Acer monitors I've owned worked great and lasted a long time I bought a XF270H so I could have a larger monitor plus one that supports 144hz for the future when I play games that support it. After spending time in the menus getting the image adjusted it looked fine and I was happy with the purchase, but then after it was turned off by my Windows settings (along with 2 other monitors) I noticed it was taking a long time to power on compared to the other 2, and every time it started back up it would disconnect from Windows, then reconnect which caused any windows or programs on the Acer to re-arrange to the other monitors, then I had to move them back. This was on a DP cable connected to my 980 Ti. I tried switching cables and ports on the GPU but the problem kept happening. I switched to HDMI which solved the re-arranging problem but the XF270H still takes 11 seconds to turn back on. The power light changes to blue instantly but the screen itself is black for 11 seconds, either via the power button or coming back from Windows turning it off. I have "quick start" turned on in the menus as well. 
 In short, tried every port on my GPU, tried both DP cables I have (including the one that came with the monitor) and HDMI but no matter what I've tried this monitor will not show an image in less than 11 seconds. Is there a fix for this or is this some really silly design flaw? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Is it trying to auto sense the GPU configuration? That might be taking time that could be minimized by setting it to a fixed resolution and port.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GeekBoyMN
    GeekBoyMN Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Is it trying to auto sense the GPU configuration? That might be taking time that could be minimized by setting it to a fixed resolution and port.
    I have no idea if that's what is happening: no other monitor has ever behaved that way. I set the resolution in my GPU settings. 
     Doesn't really matter now, I've replaced it with an Asus which starts up properly, and I didn't even have to play with color settings, it was ready to go out of the box. It starts up in less than 2 seconds like it's supposed to. With all the people posting about the same problem with other recent Acer models, I've decided I'm done with Acer monitors.