I HAVE ACER ASPIRE 3 A314-22-R4U5, 8(4+4)5.94 GB OF RAM USABLE HARDWARE RESERVED IS 2.1GB HOW TO FIX

Options
Liza1521
Liza1521 Member Posts: 4 New User
I have recently installed 4gb ram in my soldered ram laptop to have 8gb in total and I can't use fully this 8gb ram. Can someone help me because the hardware reserved is too much I can't really use my laptop in full potential. How to fix this or lower the hardware reserved? Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Liza1521
    Answer ✓
    Options
    JackE said:
    Depends on the game. But most modern games run comfortably with 8GB total physically installed RAM. Check task manager while playing the games of your choice. If the in-use RAM is still below 6GB, you're still not using all the available free RAM. Jack E/NJ
    Noted and thankyou again! Have a great day sir. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Happy gaming!!!  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    This is very normal. Not a problem. 2-3 GB or RAM are needed for the hardware device drivers and the Windows operating system or you wouldn't be able to use the other 6GB or RAM for anything. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Liza1521
    Options
    JackE said:
    This is very normal. Not a problem. 2-3 GB or RAM are needed for the hardware device drivers and the Windows operating system or you wouldn't be able to use the other 6GB or RAM for anything. Jack E/NJ
    So the only solution is to increase more ram? Thanks for replying. 
  • JackE
    Options
    From your image, you're only using half the 6GB free RAM.  Why do you think you need more? More isn't necessarily better if you don't use or need it. Good for bragging though.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Liza1521
    Options
    JackE said:
    From your image, you're only using half the 6GB free RAM.  Why do you think you need more? More isn't necessarily better if you don't use or need it. Good for bragging though.   :) Jack E/NJ

I See, I want to use this for gaming and editing is this enough? Thanks again sir! Appreciated. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Depends on the game. But most modern games run comfortably with 8GB total physically installed RAM. Check task manager while playing the games of your choice. If the in-use RAM is still below 6GB, you're still not using all the available free RAM. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Liza1521
    Answer ✓
    Options
    JackE said:
    Noted and thankyou again! Have a great day sir. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Happy gaming!!!  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ