Aspire A515-54G - FAN almost constant on. (No heat issues). Override it somehow?

alexeliasson
alexeliasson Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,
I have a Aspire A515-54G ( NXHN0ED001XXXX ) and I'm in general satisfied with the product. However, I do have one issue. The FAN - irrespective of load and temperature - goes on and off constantly. It's like on the clock.
As I had no luck on this issue re-installing the OS, I figure it's a deeper issue. Can I, with this model, raise the threshold before it decides to raise the fan speed? I can't find it in BIOS as I can with my desktop PC, so we need a more creative solution here.
Ideas?

Thanks! 

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>As I had no luck on this issue re-installing the OS, >>>

What do you mean by this? What OS did you reinstall? Microsoft generic Win10? Acer OEM Win10? Generic Linux distro? ACER OEM Linpus Linux? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alexeliasson
    alexeliasson Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>As I had no luck on this issue re-installing the OS, >>>

What do you mean by this? What OS did you reinstall? Microsoft generic Win10? Acer OEM Win10? Generic Linux distro? ACER OEM Linpus Linux? Jack E/NJ
    The original Windows 10 that came a long with the purchase. What I'm saying it's not an OS problem.
  • Teksal
    Teksal Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    What is the version of your BIOS? the support page says v1.21 is latest and for version 1.17 the release note says "add workaround to fix noise issue", maybe the fan noise... you might consider upgrading to at least 1.17 if yours is older than that.