SSD not detected in BIOS SF114-3

Options
Momo655
Momo655 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Switch Series

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Kingston M2 A400 and I tried installing it on Windows 10. I connected it perfectly and entered BIOS. However, it is not detected anywhere. Almost every solution online refers to the boot settings, but my boot settings turn out to be pretty limited (see photo). I also did the whole Windows setup thing with my USB. The flash drive wasn’t detected tho. Is there something I’m missing? I feel like I just eitherdid something really stupid or I’m missing something that is right in front of me. I uploaded the photos for more insight.

Thanks in advance.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to hide sensitive information

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK, you have started out good. It sounds as if you want to reinstall Windows from scratch rather than cloning the old drive to the new one? Most of the tim people do the clone process since it has all the drivers and applications there, as well as your data. With the BIOS configured as you have it, putting a Windows install flash drive into a USB port and hitting F12 at boot ('hitting' is so non-descriptive... think of mashing it down over and over very quickly until it takes) should give you a boot menu with the flash drive shown as the only boot option. From there you just go through the install process, choosing the SSD when it asks you were to install Windows. The drive will be shown and empty, unallocated space.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Momo655
    Momo655 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Also, this is my boot manager at the moment.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK, you have started out good. It sounds as if you want to reinstall Windows from scratch rather than cloning the old drive to the new one? Most of the tim people do the clone process since it has all the drivers and applications there, as well as your data. With the BIOS configured as you have it, putting a Windows install flash drive into a USB port and hitting F12 at boot ('hitting' is so non-descriptive... think of mashing it down over and over very quickly until it takes) should give you a boot menu with the flash drive shown as the only boot option. From there you just go through the install process, choosing the SSD when it asks you were to install Windows. The drive will be shown and empty, unallocated space.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.