No POST on Acer Helios 300 (PH315-53-72KT)

Options
jrax
jrax Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

My laptop has been "dead" since late December, I am trying to troubleshoot before taking it to a service center. Can someone please advise on what else I could try.

My laptop is an Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH315-53-72KT). I bought it in September 2020. In December, it went to sleep and I couldn't get it to wake, ever since then it has experienced issues with POST. For much of the laptop's life, it sat in the exact same place on a laptop stand (good ventilation).

When powering up the laptop:

• Fan noises

• The screen seems to turn on (it's black, there's a back light of some kind)

• RGB lighting on keyboard shows in default blue (I had configured it to red), no information on screen.

• USB-C power out.

• No power to external USB devices.

• Not possible to enter BIOS. No input from keyboard.

• Doesn't reach logo screen

I have tried:

• Battery disconnection and discharge.

• CMOS Battery & Battery disconnection and discharge (removed for > 1 hour).

• Removed RAM stick one at a time (did not try to boot with 0 sticks).

• External monitor.

After first power on after CMOS reset:

• Laptop restarted itself multiple times.

• Each time it cycled through the the keyboard RGB lighting with fans.

• Only on the last boot did the screen back light turn on.

There are no sounds or beeps. Is there anything else I can try, or something that might seem obvious based on the information I've provided that I'm not seeing? Would really appreciate any insights. Thank you

Answers

• jrax
    jrax Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Update on original post, there is power to external USB devices like mouse etc. And, I tried to boot without any RAM sticks, the result was keyboard lights up etc but screen doesn't turn on. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it