Battery health changing with each battery charging and discharging cycle. P259-G2-MG

Options
GajalShankar
GajalShankar Member Posts: 109 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited January 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
I noticed that battery started charging fastly and discharging quickly. I then checked power report using powercfg energy command, and under Battery Information, I found that that battery design capacity(41,440 mWh) is way more than full charged capacity(17,716 mWh).
Also, I checked using batteryInfoview, and battery health level is quite low, i.e. 42.7% (17716/41440)*100
Why is it changing on every charging cycle from 0% to 100% then draining completely? Is there any Acer tool to re-calibrate the battery properly?

Acer Travelmate P259-G2-MG 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Windows is the one that holds the battery info and a recalibration for Windows is done pretty much constantly. It does get out of whack though if you aren't doing full battery cycles. Run in battery until Windows shuts down due to low battery, then plug in power and wait for full battery indication before turning it back on. Each time you do a full cycle it will get closer to be correct with the numbers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GajalShankar
    GajalShankar Member Posts: 109 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Yes, I followed your approach. 
    Then again I checked using both powercfg report and batteryviewinfo
    Battery health remains almost the same, not too much change but shouldn't it be improved?
    Or shall I wait for some more days?

Battery Info -

Errors -

Note - Actually, the whole battery problem occurred last week only before then battery was working fine. In just 2-3 days it's obvious to say something wrong with the battery.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Each recalibration cycle gets it a little more accurate. Try it a few times before deciding the battery itself is going bad.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.