ACTAB1021

BillStott
BillStott Member Posts: 2 New User
I bought this tablet new in November 20. The screen got cracked and my local repair shop say that it's an older model and that he can't get parts.
I can't register it with Acer and I'm told the serial number is invalid  I tried the product code and I get products beginning with BL can't be registered.
I can find nothing online about this machine either. No parts come up on ebay.
I'm at my wit's end.
Bill

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer
    Boy, I've been searching and can't find any information from Acer about that model number. It's a weird configuration too, newer than any of the other Android tablets since it's running Android 10, but not the new Chromebook Tablet. I wonder if they did a special design of the Chromebook version with Android for a specific customer. Except it look like yours has a different processor...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer
    OK, I think I have the info now... That is a custom model that's not under the Acer umbrella. Curry's is the support venue, so they should be able to get parts for you. It's not an older model, but instead is current. The Gateway machines sold in the USA by WalMart are the same type of a deal, no support from Acer, support all has to go through the vendor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.