why does my PredatorSense keep disabling? PH315-53-79CQ

Bluebob
Bluebob Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
unit is: Predator 300 PH315-53-79CQ
Upon initial setup, PredatorSense was not activating when the PredatorSense key was pressed. I subsequently found it to be "disabled" in services, so I switched it to "manual" and rebooted resulting in it working perfectly, but upon a second reboot, it was not functioning and I found it once again "disabled" in services. This pattern was repeated every time I reset it in services. I called tech support and was advised to remove and reinstall PredatorSense which I did but doing so had no affect. I was then advised to reset the computer to factory default and start from scratch. This seemed to solve the problem so I started reinstalling programs testing that PredatorSense was working after each installation. All was well until I reinstalled "Steam" , at that point, PredatorSense again became "disabled" in services and had to be reset every time I turned the computer off and on again. As an experiment, I uninstalled steam but this had no affect. Could steam's apparent effect on this just be a coincidence?
I have AVG installed and I see that Norton is also installed as a free trial. I'm wondering if this arrangement could have something to do with it? I don't know what to make of this.
any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks

Best Answer

• pulkitking24
    pulkitking24 Member Posts: 109 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    try installing predator sense  software again 

Answers

• pulkitking24
    pulkitking24 Member Posts: 109 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    try installing predator sense  software again 
  • Bluebob
    Bluebob Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thanks for your response pulkitking24, that's what tech support told me as well but what they didn't tell me was I needed to reboot the computer between removing the old copy and installing the new one. Doing that made all the difference.
    thanks again.