i need help i recently wiped my device now nothing works as intended aspire z5700

Options
shannondavies
shannondavies Member Posts: 9 New User
edited January 2021 in All-In-One PCs
hello can I get some help I have wiped my windows and now I cant get the touch portal to work it just say my pc doesn't have acer touch monitor but I can still use my touchscreen I am confused I have tried to contact acer but there automated bs chat just ends my call they are no helpful what so ever

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    The most likley reason is its missing a driver, opern device manager, and look through for any yellow triangles. you are able to get drivers from the acer support site at https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support

Whats the device make / model?
  • shannondavies
    Options
    its an aser aspire z5700
  • shannondavies
    Options
    there is no acer touch monitor driver in there that is whats stopping me from using the touchportal
  • Leostat
    Options
    I think this is the support page for the machine:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/2455;-;

Try installin the acer updater see if that can pull in all the drivers it needs
  • shannondavies
    Options
    I have the acer updater there nothing in it
  • Leostat
    Options
    Darn it! In device manager under input devices is the touch screen listed? If not, show hidden devices, and if that doesnt work, try adding it as a legacy device.

If we can get the device type we may be able to dig up a drive for you :) Or if you have the install disk that came with the machine it would be on there as well
  • shannondavies
    Options
    I don't have an input device part in device manager
  • shannondavies
    Options
    i also don't have the disk anymore
  • Leostat
    Options
    Appologies human interface devices, may be something like HID Screen or HID Touch like the below image:

If you double click it and try updating the driver from online first, if that doesnt work, check to see if there is a make / model of it in the details, and share the hardware ID's / instance path
  • shannondavies
    Options
    there is nothing that has  screen or touch screen in there
  • Leostat
    Options
    What is there? Without the device ID it will be hard to get back :(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    despite not using the program, it is possible for the driverbooster to find the correct driver.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Likely what you need to download and install is the chipset driver. That will install the drivers for the underlying stuff that creates the USB ports internally that the touch screen uses.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Also check if the DRIVERBOOSTER finds the corresponding driver.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)