Has anyone experienced their Desktop type by itself, even with keyboard unplugged? Aspire TC-895

KirkJMarkey
KirkJMarkey Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I have an Aspire TC-895 Desktop with two monitors attached Via HDMI cables. The other day, for no apparent reason, the machine began typing insane series of characters all by itself. This continued even after I unplugged the keyboard and made sure there were no bluetooth keyboards connected etc. It doesn't do it all the time, but it obviously ruins everything I'm working on whenever it does. I spoke to support and they said I should update my BIOS. Unfortunately, I am already updated to the BIOS available on the ACER support page. I really hope someone can help, but thank you so much either way. 

Kirk Markey

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Do either of the monitors have USB ports on them? Try disconnecting he USB cables if so...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KirkJMarkey
    @billsey Hey there! Thanks a lot for your suggestion! I wasn't using any USB ports-- one of the monitors DOES have one though and I'll make it stays free-- so I very, very reluctantly reinstalled windows as per the Acer tech's suggestion. So far, so good I guess, but I think I'd rather have your guidance than this particular tech's. I have not had good experiences with them so far, so thanks for trying to help!!
  • billsey
    I've seen a couple of instances over the years where the USB hub built into a monitor would get all weird, and send mouse and keyboard like garbage to the computer, hence my question...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KirkJMarkey
    @billsey That might have played a role here, actually. My wife reminded me she had problems with that monitor when I mentioned your question and that prompted me to get a fancy new monitor today that DOES NOT have a USB port in it! You know I wanted the excuse to buy a new monitor anyway, so this is a win win. Needless to say, I won't be using that old USB-ridden one anymore, although my brother's been getting on my nerves lately and maybe I should it to him as an early Christmas present? No, I wouldn't wish that nonsense on anyone. You rock though, Billsey. I really appreciate your help. Seriously. 
  • billsey
    All you have to do is 'lose' the USB cable that goes between the monitor and the computer. No cable, no hub, no noise. :)