If my motherboard is compatible with the rx 5500 xt

Varškėtukas
Varškėtukas Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hi all,
I wanted to upgrade my GPU from a gtx 745 4GB to an RX 5500 Xt and so I was reading the reviews of the RX 5500 XT graphics card, and I noticed that there are a lot of people talking about blue screens and compatibility issues, that have to do with their motherboard. And so I was wondering if I'll run into any compatibility issues.
My pc:
CPU - i5-4460 at 3.2GHz
Motherboard - Acer predator g3-605
Ram - ddr3 8gb SK hynix
GPU - gtx 745 4gb core clock speed 1032MHz 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    So the slot on your Predator G3-605 is a PCIe 3.0 x16 slot and your machine is just new enough to have a UEFI BIOS. I shouldn't think any of the newer cards would be a problem installing as long as your power supply has the needed wattage. If you haven't already, I'd put a SSD in and boot from that before starting down the expensive GPU path.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    So the slot on your Predator G3-605 is a PCIe 3.0 x16 slot and your machine is just new enough to have a UEFI BIOS. I shouldn't think any of the newer cards would be a problem installing as long as your power supply has the needed wattage. If you haven't already, I'd put a SSD in and boot from that before starting down the expensive GPU path.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Varškėtukas
    Varškėtukas Member Posts: 2 New User
    My psu is 500 watt, so it should be enough, and yes I'm planning on buying an ssd, as you mentioned, so thank you for the help