Trying to upgrade ram but failure spire A315-53G

Options
Omerlutfiunsal
Omerlutfiunsal Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,
I have read posts about system upgrade regarding model Aspire A315-53G. I have Acer A315-53G-578Q NX.H18EY.010. It has 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz ram onboard. One slot is avaible for upgrade. I bought Kingston 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 Ram KVR24S17S8/8, 8 chips onboard of this ram giving total of 8GB memory capacity. After installing this ram, powered up the laptop and to have a look at its bios. The total amount of memory shown was 12GB. Everything looked fine. Exiting by saving changes, laptop restarted, Acer logo shown on screen and then screen turns to black. It does not load windows. After that powered down the laptop by holding the power button for  4 secs, I try to turn on the laptop again but black screen all the way and no Acer logo this time, nothing. Tried again and same thing happened, screen stays black, no action.
After removing the new ram, laptop boots up fine with 4GB onboard memory as usual. Tried installing the 8GB ram again, first time acer logo shows up but after that it does not load windows instead shows black screen. The laptop is unbootable again, tried few a times.
The question is did I get a bad ram or this is a frequency not matching problem or something else. Not a first timer for installing rams but having this type of problem is a first. Have used rams with different frequency before, higher ones clock down and matches to lower one or not boot up. This one boots up. Shows up in bios but not going aywhere further, I don't know the problem. I'm returning the new ram, hoping to get refund.
Some may say why not get the compatible model for your laptop but there is a at least 40% price difference for the compatible ram model with my laptop.
Can I get any advice ( brand, capaticy like) that is working fine with this model ? What are you using in your laptop ram-wise?
Cheers

Best Answers

Answers