My acer laptop E5-576G-58RV won't start on battery

Parshantpk
Parshantpk Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
So I have few problem with my acer laptop
1. It sometimes won't turn onn even though battery is fully charged then I plug in the charger and start it. It starts, but turns off again and then restarts again this repeats until I plug off the power cable and put it back in.

2. It turns off suddenly on battery like no shutdown nothing just power cut, I have also applied the tape below the cover to press down on safety switch but it doesn't solve the problem 

I have performed a battery reset also but it doesn't work either.
Batter health shows good!
I am facing this problem since a year now first I did not used to bother so much but now it is impossible to work!
What can I do now I'm very confused, can't even figure out where is the problem!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sudden shutdowns may also be due to CPU/GPU overheating. The laptop must be set slightly raised on a hard surface to promote better airflow. Also the heatsinks and fan may need cleaning and repasting. You should measure CPU and GPU temperatures to make sure they consistently stay below about 94*C.

As for  the battery, I think its internal charge controller is faulty. Furthermore, its full charge capacity has lost more than 40% of its orginal full design capacity of 41Wh. I think you should consider purchasing a new replacement battery. Google part no. as16a8k for vendors/sellers who ship to your location. Less than $30USD new.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Parshantpk
    here it is!

• JackE
    With the laptop turned off, plug the charger in. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. This may take several hours. After steady blug,  unplug the charger. Then try to turn the laptop on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Parshantpk
    Okay I'll try this but what about the other problem i.e it turns off suddenly
  • JackE
    >>>Okay I'll try this but what about the other problem i.e it turns off suddenly >>>

Possibly safety interlock switch near RAM modules is not being pressed hard enough by bottom cover. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Parshantpk
    JackE said:
    >>>Okay I'll try this but what about the other problem i.e it turns off suddenly >>>

Possibly safety interlock switch near RAM modules is not being pressed hard enough by bottom cover. Jack E/NJ
    yes, therefore I have applied tape to that bottom cover to press on that safety interlock but that doesn't work either!
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Sudden shutdowns may also be due to CPU/GPU overheating. The laptop must be set slightly raised on a hard surface to promote better airflow. Also the heatsinks and fan may need cleaning and repasting. You should measure CPU and GPU temperatures to make sure they consistently stay below about 94*C.

As for  the battery, I think its internal charge controller is faulty. Furthermore, its full charge capacity has lost more than 40% of its orginal full design capacity of 41Wh. I think you should consider purchasing a new replacement battery. Google part no. as16a8k for vendors/sellers who ship to your location. Less than $30USD new.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Parshantpk
    okay, thank you for the help!