Acer Nitro 5 mic only working from my laptop mic, not my headset mic!

Khalid06
Khalid06 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Nitro Gaming
hi, i bought my acer nitro 5 AN515-54 about a month ago and i noticed that my mic was getting picked up from my laptop mic, i've tried so many solutions to uninstalling my driver and reinstalling it but im going no where! i really need help with as i have already tried with other WORKING mics and it still doesnt work, anyone who knows how to fix this please help me!

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Does your laptop use the Realtek HD Audio manager? (the pannel is an Orange speaker in your tray icon)
  • Khalid06

Tinkerer

yes i do have Realtek HD Audio Manager 

• Khalid06

Tinkerer

i meant i use realtek audio driver, not sure about the manager
  • Leostat
    So if you open up the conrol panel for it, what does it show for the mic when you plug it in? The control panel may be under C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio
  • Khalid06

Tinkerer

when i open up C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio it comes as this. and when i plug in my mic, it asks what input i plugged in. ive tried all options but neither makes a difference.

• Leostat
    Open up the console, ravcpl64, on the right there should be a picture of speakers and a mic, when you plug in the mic does it show it as plugged in? First start with the basics, blow out the port to make sure there isnt any lint in there, and make sure its all the way in.

This model has a single jack right? And could I check if its a single jack headset you are using? If it is

I had the same, i think its an issue with the drivers on windows 10 which is squarly on realtek, if you have the orange console on the start bar you can try this, double click all the EXE's, and run the biggest one last (this is the control panel)

Now plug in the mic, on the right there is a graphic to show if its using internal (lit images) or external (faded images), After i double clicked all of these it started switching the Mic, unsure which one it was which did it as i just clicked them all.
  • Khalid06

Tinkerer

when i go onto ravcpl64, i unplug and plug back in and it says that 'you have just plugged into your audio jack'. and no i have to input jacks for my headset, ill send a picture after this message. and i dont think i have the orange console on the start bar, nor do i know how to check!
  • Khalid06

Tinkerer

edited January 2021

the usb is for the headset to light up btw, the red one has a microphone sign on it and the green has a headset sign on it! i normally plug in the green one
  • Khalid06

Tinkerer

also one more thing, due to me using my mic through my laptop not my headset, every time i shut down my laptop and switch it back on, i have to set my audio all over again, meaning when i turn back my laptop on, i cant hear or even talk through my laptop mic, until i uninstall and install my setup again, it only takes 5 minutes to do but i'd rather not go through that EVERYTIME i switch my laptop back on or restart it!
  • Leostat
    edited January 2021
    Are you using an adapter to get it into a single three ring'd jack? If not, what does the console look like, sometimes you can click the anolog input, where it will then ask you what device is plugged in, and it will allow you to force it to be a mic in. If it doesnt support that you need a spliter
  • Khalid06

Tinkerer

no i dont use an adapter, i only use the one jack that is already installed on my laptop. is there any other way i can fix this issue instead of buying a splitter, because what if the splitter doesn't work? a waste of money i'd say!
  • Leostat
    If clicking the ring icon in the console doesnt let you select Line in, or line in isnt an option when it pops im im afraid not :( , most headset 2->1 combiners are only  ~£4 on amazon  :)
  • Khalid06

Tinkerer

ok appreciate your time and effort! thank you so much!