Why my laptop battery draining so fast?? helios 300

GUNJAN
GUNJAN Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
I hv predator helios 300 with Rtx 2060 graphic
From yesterday, my laptop battery is draining so vigorously that it drains 3 % in every 5 minutes while using ms powerpoint as also i am not able to see the brightness bar and also graphic card is not detected in laptop
Kindly help

Answers

• realtechnoob
    realtechnoob Member Posts: 4 New User
    well my friend you have purchased a powerful laptop which wasnt meant to run on battery life for long. if battery life is what you are looking for, you should have gone for something like a dell xps or something. or you should have gone for ryzen powered laptops which have amazing power efficiency while being a powerful gaming laptop at the same time. but if you want to extend your battery life, try closing all your background applications and you will get a much longer battery life. antivirus software also drains battery life a lot. i myself own a 2019 predator helios 300 and i wont get much more than 2.5 hrs of battery when im just using youtube. but closing all background running applications will stretch it out to around 6 hours.
  • realtechnoob
    realtechnoob Member Posts: 4 New User
    well my friend you have purchased a powerful laptop which wasnt meant to run on battery life for long. if battery life is what you are looking for, you should have gone for something like a dell xps or something. or you should have gone for ryzen powered laptops which have amazing power efficiency while being a powerful gaming laptop at the same time. but if you want to extend your battery life, try closing all your background applications and you will get a much longer battery life. antivirus software also drains battery life a lot. i myself own a 2019 predator helios 300 and i wont get much more than 2.5 hrs of battery when im just using youtube. but closing all background running applications will stretch it out to around 6 hours.
    please rate this as helpful if you find this answered your questions, gunjan. ty!