Problems connecting my Predator Helios 300 to the internet

Neil52
Neil52 Member Posts: 4 New User
When switched on each day it usually won't connect. It says it is but when you try and access a site it says it can't be reached. Sometimes it can be cured by disconnecting wifi, connecting and restarting, other times switch off wifi and restart. A network reset and restart works some times as well. Phone and tablet continue to work on the Three mobile broadband router when the problem occurs. The router has also been changed. Once it starts working it goes all day without any further problems.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @Neil52

You can try to un install and re install the network drivers. After you un install the driver you have to restart the computer to re install the un installed driver again.

Please find the below image to un install and re install the drivers.

Checking Wireless or Network Adapter Driver Status Easily in Windows 10

Make sure to un install the correct driver.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • Neil52
    Many thanks ragsak28, not being well up on these matters could you tell me which adapter is the correct one please.
    It started working this morning with just a restart.

• ragsak28
    Hi @Neil52

You can try to re install the Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

Hope it will fix this issue.
  • Neil52
    Sorry ragsak28, getting confused over device and driver. If I right click on the above adapter and then click on Properties as indicated in your first reply, the Driver tab gives the option to uninstall the device. Clicking on this brings up another box saying you are about to uninstall this device, with another box to tick if you want to delete the driver software. Do I tick this box as well?
  • ragsak28
    Neil52 said:
    Sorry ragsak28, getting confused over device and driver. If I right click on the above adapter and then click on Properties as indicated in your first reply, the Driver tab gives the option to uninstall the device. Clicking on this brings up another box saying you are about to uninstall this device, with another box to tick if you want to delete the driver software. Do I tick this box as well?
    No you should directly click on the un install option. Properties option is not required.
  • Neil52
    There was a Windows update a few days ago. The next time I switched on it worked OK. The next day it didn't, so I deleted the adapter, then it worked. Yesterday was OK, this morning it wasn't, disconnecting wifi, switching wifi off, network reset and deleting adapter, none of it worked this time. Tried one more restart and everything is fine again.
    Anything else to try ragsak28?