Predator PH315-51 doesn't properly go to sleep/hibernate

Options
iksa
iksa Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
My Predator laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition has a problem going to sleep or hibernation. Rarely it works, but often the keyboard light stays on (if the charger is connected) and the fans stay running. I have tried waiting for a couple of days and they still keep doing that. When it goes to that state, it's impossible to wake it up again and get the display back on without actually turning the power off and back on, which causes me to lose all unsaved documents, open applications, and might cause hard drive corruption. It does not seem to matter if I put it to sleep/hibernation through the Start menu, closing the lid, or through the power icon in the screen lock display, all of them cause the problem to occur more often than not.

Searching this forum I learnt that having wifi radio on could cause this, so I turned it off before putting the computer to sleep, but it didn't fix anything. I also had Process Lasso installed, which could have caused this, but uninstalling Process Lasso did not fix the problem. The problem also occurs after a clean boot made according to these instructions https://support.microsoft.com/fi-fi/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows (the instructions are in Finnish but I guess you get the idea, feel free to modify the language part in the URL as needed). I contacted Acer support in Finland and their next suggestion was to reinstall Windows which is not an option for me as I cannot lose my important data installed. Also I need the laptop all the time in order to be able to run my business. To be honest I don't believe reinstalling the operating system would really help either as it would just copy the exact same files already there. So I hope someone here could point me at something that would help me finding the cause of this and fix it. Thank you, all help highly appreciated!

Best Answer

• CleavAlive
    CleavAlive Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Theres no fix to that it was happening to me too for about 1 year I put to sleep lights stays on fans stays on and u must hard shut down 
    what i did was sent back to repair, they changed the battery and motherboard and since then it never ever did it.

Answers

• CleavAlive
    CleavAlive Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Theres no fix to that it was happening to me too for about 1 year I put to sleep lights stays on fans stays on and u must hard shut down 
    what i did was sent back to repair, they changed the battery and motherboard and since then it never ever did it.
  • iksa
    iksa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Okay, that's bad news but thanks for letting me know