ConceptD CM100-51A: HDMI Port blocked?

Options
Notanexpert
Notanexpert Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an acer cm100-51a, it has 2 ports at the back for hdmi they are both blocked, is there a port behind it if I remove the plastic? Or is there nothing there? And have to buy some stupid mini display port to hdmi cables?

[Thread edited title to add the product name]

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    The ConceptD CM100-51A is new enough that I don't have a guide for it yet. Can you take a picture of the back of it? My guess is the GPU is a card and you have to use it's ports instead of the ports on the motherboard. That's why they are capped off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    So I have access now to the Service Guide, but it shows me a GPU card installed, then doesn't have any info on the card. If you look at the back of yours are there video ports mounted sideways just below the three audio jacks? If so those are what you should be using. If it's just a blank plate there then you should pull the plastic plugs out of the HDMI ports up near the top and use them instead (oh, and the VGA if you want three monitors. :))
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • snoopy48
    snoopy48 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi there!  Please see my own later thread about this very question and how I resolved it via Currys on line tech help.  You need to buy a Mini Display Port to HDMI cable, Amazon do them as do Argos.  So assuming your monitor has a regular HDMI port, you will connect that to one of the four Mini Display Ports on the bottom of the computer back.  Hope this helps!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mini+display+to+hdmi+cable&i=computers&crid=1IATJ1407HVG&sprefix=MINI+DISPLAY+,beauty,153&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-a-p_3_13