recovery discs corrupt Aspire X5801

Options
andygg
andygg Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in All-In-One PCs
after doing a reboot with a clean install after first disc is conplete cant get any further as ithe second disc is scratched I entered my serial and snid and comes up not recognised.

Answers

• andygg
    Options
    Aspire X5801
  • andygg
    Options
    Aspire Z5801 ignore above.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Did you ever do the Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade? You may just have to reinstall the OS from scratch and update any drivers needed from the Acer site in compatibility mode.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • andygg
    Options
    Thank you billsey for your swift reply.

I finally got PC to work via internal hard drive after putting only the first disc back in this time after setting the hard drive settings in the bios programe area.
    I tried using my Acer SNID & SE Numbers to try and get discs but my product not recognised with my serial and snid numbers. I purchased Acer Aspire Z5801 in November 2011.
    To me it looks like they take your money and after a few years get lost and buy another PC.
    I will look twice now in the about future purchases of ACER products.
    regards
    andygg
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, they only keep spare inventory for some number of years. There a point where potential sales no longer offsets the cost of keeping it around. IIRC for computers it's in the 5-6 years range, but YMMV. Typical upgrades are done like the phone companies want, most are replaced after three years. At least the PC manufacturers don't intentionally fix the OS to slow you down like the phone manufacturers do...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.