My pc won’t boot aspire Z3-605

Options
Hippo
Hippo Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in All-In-One PCs
Hi
so my hard drive broke so I bought an ssd I plugged it in downloaded windows onto my USB and when it boots I select the USB and then as it starts to boot all that comes up is ex 
here is a photo

Answers

• Hippo
    Options
    Please comment if you know how to fix it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    How did you create the USB flash disk? Did you use the Windows Media Creation Tool, Rufus or something else? What computer do you have (full model number is best)? The picture hints at the UEFI portion of the flash drive is bad, so likely the installer wasn't setup right.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hippo
    Options
    I created the USB on boot camp assistant and downloaded windows 10 on the usb to boot it. I did it on my mac because i dont have any other windows computers. the computer is an aspire Z3-605 also when i try to boot it off the ssd the error code select proper boot device.
  • billsey
    edited January 2021
    Options
    OK, I'm guessing the flash drive isn't properly setup. During that process did you use this command to make sure it was a GPT drive instead of MBR?
    diskutil eraseDisk MS-DOS "WIN10" GPT /dev/disk#
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hippo
    Options
    Sorry I don’t know what you mean
  • billsey
    Options
    That is part of the process on a Mac to create a Windows bootable flash disk. It takes the flash drive and makes sure it's not in MBR mode, which was bootable in Windows 7, but not in the newer OSes.