I can’t turn on my A315-21 - bought new battery need help

Iamninja110
Iamninja110 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello

i hope someone can help me with my laptop situation.

My laptop stopped working after I stupidly dropped it (it wasn’t a big drop and was on carpet) yet it suddenly stopped turning on.

I usually have to leave the charging cable on to use the laptop as if I take it off , it turns off.

Currently, the laptop will not turn on when I press the power button ! I tried many different solutions such as holding the power button , try with and without battery etc and nothing :( 

I thought maybe my battery is bad so I purchased an original new battery for my laptop but same issue ! 

I don’t know what else I can do . All the cables are connected .  Could there be an issue with the keyboard or the actual charging slot?

I would appreciate if someone can help me ... if you need any other info please let me know and I can provide.

my laptop is Acer A315-21 Model: N17Q3 

I cannot get it to boot at all. 

Thank you.

Answers

• Iamninja110
    I should add that I did buy a new ribbon cable that connects the HDD to the motherboard since when I dropped it , the wire ripped. 

I tried removing hardware and turning it on , I tried without battery and still nothing.

the laptop does charge as the amber light comes on but that’s about it . 
  • Iamninja110
    Can anyone help me? 

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,552 Community Administrator
    edited February 2021
    Hello Iamninja110, 

I am so sorry to hear you are having this problem, I recommend you to contact your local support for further assistance in this case. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid