Keyboard, external keyboard nor on screen keyboard 2ork. SF314-42,

Options
Bernedeen
Bernedeen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Switch Series
I bought an acer swift 3 - SF314-42, model N19C4 yesterday and now the keyboard does not work. I can enter my pin to log in, but cannot type anything. Have tried the on screen keyboard and an external USB keyboard and they will hit work either. Does anyone know about this issue and have suggestions for what could fix it please. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does the touchpad work? The hardware is likely working or else you wouldn't be able to enter the PIN, so likely we need to remove and restore keyboard or USB drivers. If you can get around with the touch pad try going into Device Manager to see if anything is flagged.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bernedeen
    Bernedeen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you billsy.  I have since discovered that one of my programmes I downloaded had something bad in it - not sure what.  I reset the computer to factory settings and now it is all working. And I will give that programme a miss now.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hopefully it wasn't a keylogger that was watching everything you did... :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.