How can I connect Acer XF273 to NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT?

Options
JerryCaldwell
JerryCaldwell Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I got the new monitor as Christmas gift Unfortunately my computer doesn't have HDMI output. Is there an adapter that would let me hook it up to existing NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT card? If replacing card is only option is this a relatively easy task that just requires replacing the parts? 
Thanks very much for your help!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There were a bunch of different Acer X203H monitor models, usually the differences between them we the ports that were populated. If you only have VGA on the computer and only HDMI on the monitor then you just need an adapter like this and a HDMI cable. (That's just the first one on the search, there are plenty of others...)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Options
    Which ports does your NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT have? Different adaptations of that chipset come with different ports.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JerryCaldwell

Tinkerer

Options
    The only port on it is VGA. My current monitor is an Acer X203H (Digital) 

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There were a bunch of different Acer X203H monitor models, usually the differences between them we the ports that were populated. If you only have VGA on the computer and only HDMI on the monitor then you just need an adapter like this and a HDMI cable. (That's just the first one on the search, there are plenty of others...)
  • JerryCaldwell

Tinkerer

Options
    Would upgrading my graphics card be a realistic option that may be better than buying an adapter?
    What steps should I take to ensure compatibility with new graphics card that has HDMI output?
  • billsey
    Options
    A new GPU will certainly be one solution, it's a lot more expensive than the adapter though...
This discussion has been closed.