A315-51-50BU) black screen when I turn it on. How can I restore it to its normal operation?

Nyambe98
Nyambe98 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi all.

I woke up this morning to my laptop (an Acer Aspire A315-51-50BU) showing me a black screen when I turned it on. The blue light representing power is on and I can also hear the pc running at the base lightly.
Last night my young brother said he turned it off directly (i.e. right from the power button) and I'm wondering and doubting if this could be the cause as previous times have not led to this black screen.

As the battery is non removable, I have tried to use a clip to press the button at the base of my pc for 30 and waited to restart my pc after 5 minutes. I have also tried to hold the power button for about 30 seconds and tried to power my pc up a few moments after. Additionally I have removed my ram (single stick 4gb ddr4) and lightly cleaned it and put it back. ALL THESE ABOVE HAVE NOT FIXED THE ISSUE.

Kindly advise me on what to do in order to get my pc running again. 

Thank you. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Unplug the charger. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Then insert the paperclip again into the reset pinhole on the bottom for 60 seconds while pressing and holding the power button. Then plug the charger back in but do NOT try to turn the laptop on.  Wait until the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue. This may take several hours. Only then try to turn the laptop on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nyambe98
    Thank you. I'll try this out and let you know how it goes. 
    For clarification, before "pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds" as you said in your second sentence, should the laptop be on or off (or perhaps either)? 
  • JackE
    We want the laptop to be OFF before inserting the paper clip. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nyambe98
    Hey Jack. I've tried what you recommended. It seems not to be working. 

The pc was off. When I held power button for 10 seconds and inserted the paperclip into the battery pinhole for 60 seconds while still holding the power button and then plugged in my charger right after letting go, the orange LED turned blue in a matter of seconds (possibly cause the battery is full). I waited for about two hours and tried to turn it on, but the screen was still black.
    I tried this twice more, turning it on in the latter attempt earlier. Still, the screen remains black.

Additionally, when I tried your suggestion the first time, I think I let go of the paperclip first with my finger still on the power button, and this led to the pc turning on. I restarted the process again however, and let go of the power button first. 

Do you have any idea what else I can do regarding this process? (Perhaps letting the pc stay on so that it drains completely, or maybe letting go of the power button after I press it for 10 seconds the first time as I transition to holding it with the paperclip inserted?) 
    I'll appreciate your reply. 

Also note: The beep sound arising from plugging the charger in/out is a lot louder than it was before all this happened. 
  • JackE
    Sorry, you were supposed to let go of the power button after the machine turned off. Re-do the procedure starting with the laptop OFF. Then insert and hold the paperclip, then press and hold the power button again for 60 seconds. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ